Asphalt Paving Services
We offer the utmost in excellence in asphalt installation and repair in the Hamilton area
Commercial, Residential, and Industrial PavingOur services include, but are not limited to: asphalt repair, parking lots, roadway repairs or asphalt installation, gravel, concrete, sidewalks, line marking and catch basin cleaning. All work done is to your specifications and convenience. Efficiency, safety, and neatness are always positive factors in our work.
- Commercial: Parking Lots, Plazas, Shopping Centres, Condominium / Apartment Buildings
- Industrial: Factories, Roadways, Loading Docks, Repairs
- Municipal: Road Ways, Restoration, Pathways, Sport/Play Areas
- Institutional: Schools, Churches, Hospitals, etc.
How To Care For Residential Driveways
- Do not drive or park on the new surface for 48 Hours.
- Watch what you park on the new driveway. Such things as a motorcycle or bike kickstand, ladders, floor jacks, flower pots or planters and pointed chair legs can cause an indentation in the fresh pavement until the driveway has substantial time to cure. This could take up to a year.
- IMPORTANT: Turn your wheels carefully when the car is in motion. People have a habit of turning their wheels when the car is parked, a combination of the hot sun/extreme heat/humidity along with the weight of the car will cause the asphalt to scuff. Gradual oxidation will eliminate this problem in time.
- Be cautious of oil and gas leaks. Gas and oil will dissolve the tar that holds the asphalt together and cause your driveway to crumble. Please have all oil leaks repaired on your vehicle before placing the car on the new driveway or place a piece of cardboard under the vehicle.
- Do not allow large or heavy vehicles onto the new surface.
OHMPA Position Paper:Tire Scuffing and Indentations Download PDF
Catch Basins and Man Holes
Construction:There are numerous types of manholes, inlets and catch basins. It’s important when constructing manholes or catch basins, that the exaction is on stable soil. If rock is present, the rock must be removed to 6 inches below the bottom elevation and then back-filled with an approved material. Carey’s Paving has more than 30 years of experience with catch basin installation and repairs to ensure that you will enjoy many years maintenance-free.
Repair:Should you require repairs to an existing catch basin or manhole cover, we will saw cut around the catch basin, then excavate and expose the foundation and drainage system to ensure there are no leaks. Then we will examine the catch basin to see if there are any that have cracked or broken due to the seasonal variations in temperature. Sometimes they can shift because of water being caught in them. If required, we will install and/or replace any split catch basin rings and adjust to the appropriate elevation to ensure proper flow drainage. We then back-fill the area with new crushed stone and re-pave.
Recycled Asphalt Product (R.A.P.)Basically, R.A.P. is old asphalt that is ground into gravel that hardens/binds together when compacted. The best gravel to leave exposed for a long time is R.A.P (recycled asphalt product). This product has much of the original oils still in it after installation is complete; the heat from the sun releases the oils and binders to help melt the gravel into one uniform piece of pavement, which will produce less dust than ordinary gravel/dirt. At Carey’s Paving, we install R.A.P. with our automated paver. This process helps ensure that the material stays uniform and consistent. By using the paver and the vibratory roller, the finished product is level and smoother than when installed with other equipment. Snow plowing will not displace as much onto your lawn, which means less clean up in the spring. R.A.P is a gravel (driveway) that hardens in time, not a hot-mix asphalt driveway. We hope this helped answer some of your questions about Recycled asphalt product.
Asphalt Crack Repair and Maintenance
If not sealed properly, joints and cracks in asphalt will allow water, dirt, and other foreign materials to enter. As water seeps down through the unfilled cracks, increasing damage will occur during the freezing/thawing cycle.
This is What Carey’s Paving Can Do
- Install new projects, such as roadways, parking lots, driveways, walkways, etc
- We can install and repair ramps, driveways, parking lots, walkways, speed bumps, catch basins, manholes & lids, etc.
- Saw cut repairs for all oil stains, trenches, dips and low areas, or small damaged areas
- Install base material
- Patch paving for potholes and/or quick fixes
- Catch basin cleaning to ensure proper drainage
- Sign installation
- Catch basin repairs and installation
- Concrete or asphalt walk and curbs — re-pin and straighten or install new
- Installation of retaining walls, installing weeping tile
- Crack repairs
- Power sweeping to ensure asphalt surfaces are free of stone, dust, dirt, leaves etc, mostly done to prepare for sealing
- Line marking and numbering
THE ASPHALT PAVING PROCESS IS EASY…Carey’s Asphalt Paving has enjoyed serving since 1983! When you call or email for your free estimate, our friendly and helpful office staff will simply ask you for a description of the work you require, your name, address, and phone number. In most cases that’s it! Give us a call and let’s talk. We’re here to help! Read More
Reputation for QualityCarey’s Asphalt Paving has enjoyed serving since 1983!
- We’re EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONALS.
- We’ve been in the asphalt business for more than 33 years.
- We do it right the FIRST time!
- All old asphalt is recycled. NOTHING is taken to the landfill!